- Are coolers allowed?
A.No, coolers are not allowed. No glass, bottles or cans are allowed either. The only exception for this is for baby formula.
- Are backpacks or large purses allowed.
- Yes, but they will be searched. All festival attendees will go through security checkpoints with metal detectors and bag search prior to entering the festival park area.
- Can I bring in outside food or drinks?
A.No, we do not allow outside food or beverages into the festival. Nursing mothers or the fathers are allowed to bring in baby formula for their infant.
- Are pets allowed?
A.Pets are not allowed unless it is a service animal. The Balloon inflation noise will frighten the animals.
- Are lawn chairs allowed?
A.Lawn chairs and blankets can be brought into the festival and used to watch balloons inflations as well as all the music acts. People with lawn chairs should be mindful of the people around and behind them.
- Can I leave the Festival and come back that same day?
A.Yes, you can leave and have your hand stamped at the exit. This stamp will allow you to return without paying another admission through our security checkpoint.
- Is there an additional charge to see the musical entertainment?
A.No all musical entertainment on the main stage is included in the Festival admission unless it is in a separate gated area.
- Where can I park?
A.Please visit our admissions & parking page for an updated list of parking lots for each location that includes shuttle service in some cities.
- I came to see the hot air balloons. Can I get my admission refunded?
A.Sorry, no refunds for any reason. Balloon inflation is subject to wind and weather conditions and are at the sole discretion of the balloon pilots. Safety is our first concern for all. If we do not inflate the balloons due to any of these conditions you may receive a voucher to return the next available night of the festival without paying an additional entrance fee. If the festival is on Sunday and no balloons inflate there are no refunds.
- Where is the lost & found?
A.During the festival the lost & found is located at the Information Booth.
- When should I arrive at GLO?
- Since the festival usually has thousands of people, arriving early is better. Traffic is moved as quickly and safely as possible. Handicap parking is located in Parking Lot A at the Alamodome.
- Is smoking allowed at GLO?
- There is absolutely no smokingallowed inside the GLO festival grounds area. A lit cigarette could possibly ignite a balloon's fuel tank and an ash can melt the balloon envelope. Also, pockets of propane can settle in areas around the field. This odorless gas can easily ignite. This includes vaping or any forms of smoking.
- Is the area handicap accessible?
- Yes. Hard-surface handicap parking near the entrance gates is available for the regular parking fee. Located near the Information Booths, mobility scooters, wheelchairs, strollers and wagons are available for rental on a first come first serve basis.
- Is there seating available at GLO?
- Yes, a limited number of benches, bleachers and picnic tables are available.
- Are there ATMs located at GLO?
- There are ATMs near the front entrance, the carnival area and the concession area.
- Where can I purchase GLO merchandise
- Merchandise may be purchased online at www.globalloontour.com or at an official GLO Souvenir tent.
- Where can we stay?
- Hotel reservations may be purchased online by visiting the hotel link for Visit San Antonio. https://www.visitsanantonio.com/stay/
- What do I wear?
- Remember to wear comfortable clothing & walking shoes. High heels are not recommended as you are on grass, gravel and concrete.
- Are there places to eat at GLO
- Yes. There are food vendors serving a variety of foods. Based upon the City, Alcohol and non-alcoholic beverages are available throughout the festival park area.
NO WEAPONS OF ANY KIND ALLOWED ON FESTIVAL GROUNDS. METAL DETECTORS ARE USED AT ALL POINTS OF ENTRY AND ALL BAGS WILL BE SEARCHED. THE CARRYING OF ANY WEAPON IS PROHIBITED AND YOU WILL BE DENIED ENTRY. A HANDGUN LICENSE DOES NOT GIVE A LICENSE HOLDER ANY GREATER RIGHT OF ACCESS TO THE FESTIVAL THAN ANY OTHER MEMBER OF THE PUBLIC.
Prohibited Items – For the safety of our guests and employees, the following are not allowed into the GLO Festival grounds:
- Animals (except service animals to aid guests with disabilities)
- Balloons (helium, air filled or deflated)
- Bottles, cans, and beverage containers of any kind
- Cameras with detachable lenses or lenses longer than 3” when extended
- Chairs, stools or other seating devices
- Chains (metal)
- Costumes (dangerous in nature) including nunchucks, pitchforks, sling blades, axes, swords, whips, masks, nooses, etc.)
- Electronic Cigarettes
- Inflatable objects (including footballs)
- Knives or Multi Tools (pocketknives, switchblades, lock-blades, throwing stars, scissors)
- Large Purses or Backpacks
- Large Hats or Signs
- Laser Pointers or Laser Pens
- Mace (pepper or tear gas)
- Outside food or beverage
- Poles, sticks or rods of any kind
- Posters and Signs
- Sealed packages of any kind
- Swords (Plastic, Metal)
- Tripods, monopods and selfie sticks
To create a safer environment for all guests, magnetometers (walk-through metal detectors) are used at all public entrances for every event. Guests are asked to remove any metallic items during the magnetometer screening process, including cameras, keys and cell phones at all points of entry. All bags and purses will also be screened or searched before entry into the GLO Festival grounds.
As part of the GLO security initiatives, all guests are required to be screened via metal detectors before entering the festival grounds. Metal detectors are located at the gate entrance. Once guests have been screened and have had their bag checked, they will have their ticket scanned.
Before proceeding through metal detectors, guests will be required to remove cell phones, cameras and any large metal objects from their pockets and place them in a smaller-sized plastic container, which will be visually inspected along with their bag, by security personnel at a screening table alongside the metal detector. A guest's belongings will remain in proximity to the guest throughout the screening process, and the guest can pick up his or her belongings at the end of the screening table once he or she has proceeded through the metal detector. The removal of belts, jackets and shoes IS NOT required.
Pursuant to security requirements, all guests, including children, must be screened. Infants and toddlers may be carried through the metal detectors; those children who are able to walk may be asked to walk through on their own. Those guests who choose not to or who are unable to go through a walk-through metal detector have the option of being manually checked with a hand-held metal detector.
If the device detects items that require further inspection, guests will be directed to the side, where they will be screened via a hand-held metal detector. When the items in question are discovered, guests will be asked to present them for further inspection. Any item or property that could affect the safety of the festival, its occupants or its property shall not be permitted into the festival grounds. The GLO festival reserves the right to prohibit or require removal of any items at their sole and absolute discretion. Any person that could affect the safety of the GLO Festival, its occupants or its property shall be denied entry.
Please contact our corporate sponsorship team at the following number for rates and packages: 469-954-0213
TETHERED BALLOON RIDES
Want to feel the excitement of riding a hot air balloon?
Tethered balloon rides are hot air balloons tied to the ground by high-tensile strength ropes so that they don’t fly away! Tethering permits the pilot to lift off the ground, float up to 30-40 feet in the air for a short ride and return to the same position.
Tethered Balloon Rides can be purchased at the festival for $10 Children $20 Adults.
If you don’t like to wait in line the Fast-Pass ticket allows you priority boarding. Fast-Pass Tickets available to purchase online for $15 Children $25 Adults
Tethered hot air balloon rides have a separate cost from festival’s admission tickets.